PZ List - Provisional
Below are the files (OziExplorer and KML versions) containing the provisional PZ list. We are still in the process of talking to some of the land owners and will make some adjustments before the General Briefing.
However, in the meantime, this list should be used for the practice flights.
- Yellow = Do Not Land
- Red = PZ with minimum height (specified in the track properties... currently all 1800ft AMSL)
Note: This list is considerably different from the PZs that have been printed on the map in previous years.
Updated Official Rule Book - V2
Below is a new version of the Rule Book. We had to make a couple of changes, mostly around the introduction of the Balloon Live Sensors.
For those who have already read Version 1 of the Rules (posted previously), the following rules have changed:
- II. 17 DETAILS FOR THE USE OF GPS LOGGERS (6.9)
- II. 4 COMMON LAUNCH AREA(S) (9.1.1)
- II. 5 COMMON LAUNCH POINT(S) (9.1.2)
- II. 21 ALTITUDE (14.6.4)
For those who have not read the previous version of the rules, you should also take note of the following rule changes, which are significantly different from previous events.
- SECTION I - EVENT DETAILS
- SECTION II - COMPETITION DETAILS
- II. 13 - LOCATION OF OFFICIAL NOTICE BOARD
- 4.1 - EVENT DIRECTORS
- 4.3.5 - ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO SELECT A JURY
- 6.11 - FLIGHT REPORT FORM (FRF)
- 6.10 - HANDLING
Update 23/4/2021 - There will be a couple more changes made before General Briefing, including:
- I.5 - Safety Officer: David Bain (NSW)
- I.7 - The last competition flight will be Friday 30th April PM
Official Goal List V1
Below is the Official Goal List waypoint file. These waypoints correspond with those printed on the official map (see previous post).
However the following goals have been removed from the list (from previous years) due to their close proximity to PZs. These cannot be used during the event even though they are printed on the map.
Official Map V1
Here is the link to the OziExplorer files for the 2021 Canowindra map.
Note: This is the same map as previous years, however we have removed the PZs and DNLs from the Map image, because the PZs have changed significantly from previous years. An updated PZ list will be provided later this week or early next week.