Flights & Tasks
Flight 10 - 22 Sep 2022 PM
Flight 9 - 22 Sep 2022 AM
Flight 8 - 21 Sep 2022 PM
Flight 7 - 21 Sep 2022 AM
Flight 6 - 20 Sep 2022 PM
Flight 5 - 20 Sep 2022 AM
Flight 3 - 19 Sep 2022 AM
Flight 2 - 18 Sep 2022 PM
Flight 1 - 18 Sep 2022 AM
Practice Flight 3 - 10 Sep 2022 AM
Practice Flight 2 - 9 Sep 2022 AM
Noticeboard - Latest Posts
The following complaint has been received. The reply is joined.
The colours of the markers are defined as shown in the picture attached.
Please find attached the no-show notification for competitor 76.
Official goal list
Please find below the gpx-file of the official goals used during the competition. Further goals may be published.
Practice flights -- task sheets
UPDATE 14.09. / 19:00: During the training flights, a target is displayed near the CLP at 0590097/5164831.
Many of you will likely arrive early and want to make a few practice flights.
There will be no practice briefings. To show you a few of the more challenging or unusual tasks, I created 4 task sheets that you can choose from at each of your practice flights.
When updating the flight in the Balloon Live app, using the top right actions menu, you will be able to select one out of the 4 proposed practice flights.
You can also choose the same flight multiple times.
Please note that these task sheets are meant to show some of the more unusual and less “classic” tasks I may set. They do not represent the real mix of target/and virtual tasks during the competition. There will of course be way more targets to fly to. We all love marker drops ?
Please do also observe all PZs as published in the latest draft of the General briefing notes.
Finally, I would like to remind you of the rules and recommendations to observe during the practice flights. You can find them under item 16 in the roadbook published here: https://www.hotairballoons2022.com/en/world-championship-2022-en/informations-for-pilots-2022/
Enjoy the flights,
General Briefing notes and documents
Please find below the DRAFT of the General briefing notes. The document will also explain the difference between the map and the published rules. Some changes will be made to the PZs for example.
Note: This is a draft version. The final version will be published at the General briefing.
All further documents of te General briefing will be added to this post later.
The competition map can be downloaded here:
(the password to log in has been sent by email in the latest News)
IMPORTANT: Balloon Live setup and training
We would like to make sure we all (officials and competitors) are best prepared for using the new Balloon Live systems in the competition flights.
Therefore we request all competitors to prepare the following steps ahead of the check-in in Murska Sobota. (If you have done some of them already, you can of course skip it.)
- Please create an account on watchmefly.net and fill out the fields in the account settings (top right under your name) at best. Your profile data will be visible to the public and helps showing your achievements and balloon data.
- Install the latest version of the Balloon Live app (Android or Apple, version 2026) on your flying device and backup device (if used). You can find further information and help on balloonlive.org.
- In the app, login with your watchmefly.net credentials.
- In the app, under the user menu at the top right, select the available competitions list. You should see the event « 24th FAI World Hot Air Balloon Championship 2022 » in the events list. If the event is missing in the list, please contact email@example.com.
- Select the event from the list and follow the steps to pay the event fee on your device. The payment is only required once and will not be shown on any further device.
- Once the payment was successful, you should be able to see it marked « Paid » and you can select it to load the event in the app.
- Start and connect the Balloon Live Sensor as shown in the tutorial video below.
- To start the flight, make sure to sync the flight data first.
- IMPORTANT: You must record at least one flight while in Slovenia. You can of course record a flight ahead of your arrival in Murska Sobota. Be aware of the following recording conditions:
- BLS connected
- duration of at least 15 minutes
- at least 1 goal declaration
- at least 1 marker drop
- Please try sync the flight data and then disconnect from the internet to record a flight. Reconnect later or even after stopping the flight. By doing so you can see that the track starts uploading after the flight.
- You can also let your device run for 3 hours to see if the app screen remains visible and the device is not becoming unstable after a certain time.
A excellent tutorial video can be found here: https://youtu.be/vdNrcm0B2Fo
Many of the above steps are explained and shown on screen.
Don’t hesitate to record multiple flights, including the training flights when flying prior to the event.
The official rules can be downloaded below.